Project Leader Innovation
Is networking your second nature? Do you know all kinds of methods to make a project process run smoothly? Are you interested in topics such as disinformation, data-driven organisations and interaction? Then this job might be right for you!
What is it about?
VRT is coordinator of a number of European innovation projects in the Horizon 2020 programme. As a project leader, you ensure the smooth running of at least two projects. You report to the Head of Project Office.
You outline the strategy with the consortium:
- You develop the vision and approach of the project together with the partners
- You assess the vision of the project in the light of the VRT strategy
- You communicate with impact and make sure the consortium is aligned
You are the point of contact for the European Commission:
- You are familiar with European projects for Research & Innovation
- You ensure that the project reporting is correct
You take care of the connection with the Innovation Development team:
- You work closely together with the Prototypers and User Researchers who are your sounding board concerning VRT strategy and the media user
You write new project proposals:
- Via the knowledge you gain with the innovation staff, you are able to write new subsidy applications. You make sure the most important stakeholders are involved
What is VRT Innovation?
Through open innovation, the VRT explores new technologies and applications in a media context. VRT Innovation works together with partners such as start-ups, universities, research institutes, broadcasters and other media organisations on European and Flemish subsidised projects, to connect people with the future of media. From research to development, VRT Innovation works closely together with its (end) users. In order to be able to put innovation into practice, the department tests new prototypes on the production floor itself, together with VRT brands and startups. Innovative media solutions for content, experience and workflows are scaled and shared for further implementation.
What would you do every day?
- You lead innovation projects that VRT carries out together with various partners in Europe
- In consultation with the partners, you determine the strategic vision for the projects. You assess the vision of the project in the light of the VRT strategy
- You ensure that the timing of the project is respected and that deliverables happen on time
- You will be in charge of communication between the consortium and the European Commission
- You organise and chair consortium meetings
- You initiate new innovation projects
Who are you
- You are strong in communication and organisation
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- You have experience in research and innovation, preferably in the media or IT sector
- You have a strong analytical mind. You can synthesise a multitude of information and conclude and convince
- You have relevant experience in collaborative innovation projects
- You are a team player
A varied and challenging job, in an innovative context. You get the chance to contribute to the VRT and the radio and television of tomorrow
There is a lot of attention for personal growth. You will receive internal guidance and coaching. We offer an attractive salary package. There is also good hospitalisation and group insurance, childcare during school holidays, crèche and a company restaurant. You can count on a good work-life balance.
You get an open-ended contract.
Are you interested?
Send your CV and motivation letter, you can apply until 24/01/2021. This selection consists of a pre-selection in which your CV and motivation letter will be taken into consideration. In addition, an interview with written preparation and a second interview are part of this selection.
For the VRT, equal opportunities are important. At VRT, people's qualities are decisive regardless of gender, origin, age or disability.